
So I read this. Now ask me if I understand it. Ha!
I also want to understand quantum mechanics because someone in my yoga class told me that my pessimism about the planet (hell in a handbasket, etc) could be eliminated if I just read and understood the writings of Amit Goswami. We'll see. I'll read one of his books.
4 comments:
My favorite physics book is the New World of Mr. Tompkins. It's easy to follow and entertaining, but at the same time you really pick up an in-depth understanding of quantum physics. An added bonus is that you can pretty much skip all the math provided for those who want it, but no necessary to gain an entry-level understanding of the topic.
Link to the book on Amazon-- http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?index=books&linkCode=qs&keywords=0521639921
Thanks Kat. I just put that book on my wish list at PaperBackSwap.com, an online book-trading club that I'm addicted to. AND I just downloaded a sample of the book onto my Kindle. (I have not yet confessed in my blog that I own a Kindle--I'm a bit conflicted because I love it. But I love books too, so it feels disloyal.)
Red Shift?
We had Amit Goswami speak last year - I had a very hard time wrapping my brain around what he was saying. There is a film about him, "The Quantum Activist" that is pretty user-friendly, though
Post a Comment