
I'm seriously asking for an explanation for this and any other New Yorker cartoon I post with the label "New Yorker cartoons I don't get." I will not be offended if someone decides to explain these things to me. I mean really...what is this all about. Jars of jam?
7 comments:
Not a clue.
They look like pill bottles to me, but I still don't know what it means.
It does make me think of my father in his later years though. He ordered all kinds of tablets/pills after seeing ads on TV. After he died, I threw bags and bags away. He also kept empty pill bottles (hoarder alert!).
Another thought. Maybe it has something to do with the prescription drug abuse issue?
Anne, I think you may have it. Pill bottles! (They should have been a tiny bit smaller, methinks.) I blame the New Yorker for their silly Cartoon Caption Contest, which in recent years has been running on the last page of each issue. The editors let the public submit possible captions for a caption-less cartoon. Hey, I buy the New Yorker to get THEIR wit, not the wit of a rube like me.
Thanks for the support Susan. It's not just me.
I thought they were aromatherapy candles. But then I live in California.
Ha! Margo never fails to make me smile.
Any signs of a dove's nest on your windowsill this year?
apparently they are pill bottles. Follow the link and you can see. I've enjoyed reading your beekeeping posts.
Post a Comment