Friday, January 16, 2009

I've changed my mind. I AM going to the Inauguration. I'll stand just about here. The Capitol is about 10 crow-miles in that direction.


That's as close as a lot of people will get. And my bathroom is a lot nicer than those 5,000 porta-potties they're setting up. For those of you not in the DC area you almost can't imagine how much the Wash Post has tried its best to keep us home on Tues. (And Mon, Sun, and Sat too.) OMG, the traffic. OMG, the cold. OMG, the busses and their parking lots. OMG, the bridge closures and the one-way streets and the no-vehicle zones! It's all very exciting.

1 comment:

JGH said...

Will you be blogging live that day? I'll be checking in!

Our local grass-roots group just sent me an email about the bus they're chartering. I had a quick pang of regret. 5,000 porta-potties huh? So sorry to miss it.