Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow!


Too bad it caused me to take out a stop sign today when I tried to leave my neighborhood. I had to use the sign to stop my car, which was about to slide right into oncoming traffic. Everyone thinks DC'ers are wimps about driving in snow. It's not the snow that causes us to be wimps...it's that ice that's always hiding just under the snow. My car is making a lot of awful noises but it drives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no!

Did you forge ahead, or turn back?

Pam J. said...

After I was able to rock my car back and forth enough to get it off the curb (three cheers for manual shift cars), I turned back, tailpipe between my legs, or so it sounded.

Kitt said...

Ouch! What a bummer. I'm glad you're OK and not creamed by traffic.

The Washington Post has a story about Obama's "D.C. wimps" comment that makes some valid points. You get a lot more ice there, plus more Southerners who are not used to it.