
I woke up to discover that the Washington Post plans to stop publishing their Sunday Book World section. I've long muttered that the Post has a crummy book section, at least when compared to the one published by the NYTimes. And then I would always add "well at least we HAVE a book section; most papers don't." Boy do I hate to see the newspaper business die such a slow painful death. It's like the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail: each extremity gets hacked off but he still keeps hopping around, taunting his adversary. For anyone who wants to continue receiving a weekly book supplement I highly recommend giving the NYTimes $91 a year:
How do I subscribe to the printed version of The New York Times Book Review?
The New York Times Book Review is available separately from the Sunday newspaper. It contains reviews of new releases, author interviews and coverage of the book world, as well as bestseller lists for fiction, non-fiction and paperbacks.
A one-year mail subscription (52 weeks) is $91 to a U.S. address, US $140.40 to a Canadian address, and $169.00 for all other foreign addresses.
To order, call 1-800-631-2580, Monday to Friday, 8 A.M. to 8 P.M. ET or visit www.homedelivery.nytimes.com.
Outside the U.S. call (201) 750-5200 or send a fax to (201) 750-5390.
No comments:
Post a Comment