"It is a little puzzling that I do this every year, but .... it's nice once in a while just to say, 'Happy Thanksgiving.'" About pardoning a big turkey at the White House.
Those poor teenagers. Mr. O, it's time to let them avoid this kind of thing. One reporter said there were some subtle eye-rolls, as if to say "daaaaaaad, pleeeeeeaaaase let us out of here." Another reporter said: "When asked if she wanted to pet the pardoned turkey, Malia simply said, “Nah.”
-----------------
Update: 12/2/2014: Little did I know last week that the Obama girls would inspire TurkeyGate. In case you've avoided Internet "news" lately you might not know that a lame Congressional staffer had to quit her job over a mean-spirited Facebook comment.
"Dear Sasha and Malia, I get
your both in those awful teen years but you're a part of the First Family. Try
showing a little class. At least respect the part you play. Then again, your
mother and father don't respect their positions very much, or the nation for
that matter, so I'm guessing you're coming up a little short in the 'good role
model' department.
"Dress like you deserve
respect, not a spot in a bar."
![]() |
| Presidential daughter in 2004, age 23. Addressing the press. |
There is so much about that comment that makes me angry. First, attacking two young girls, 13 and 16. Second, assuming that they are having "awful teen years." And third, libeling their parents by saying they don't respect their jobs or their country. I predict that Fox News is already courting Eliz Lauten for a spot on their channel. She's just their type. Mean and stupid.


2 comments:
I love their expressions!! LOL
They look like some intern begged them to come in at the last minute and make it all relevant.
Post a Comment