Sunday, November 30, 2014

Lowline in Manhattan.

First there was New York's popular High Line. Now the city might get a Lowline. A park under the city. I'm such a pessimist (something I hope to change in 2015) that I have trouble imagining this working. Here's to me being wrong!




I'm sorry, but it's my opinion that they'll have to build a mighty strong fortress around these solar devices to keep them intact. They might as well have a sign that says "kick me, smash me." My son, no reservoir of optimism, disagrees with me. He says, basically, "if people aren't breaking windows on that street why would they break that?" So maybe he's right.

 

4 comments:

KB said...

Congratulations! What a feat. I know you are weary, but I sure am hoping that it didn't kill your urge to blog. Well done!

Margaret said...

I've been on the Highline and loved it; I too am pessimistic that this project will get finished, at least in my lifetime. :)

Pam J. said...

Thanks KB: I'm going to try to keep up a daily post, if only for you. So we're going to Norway, eh? That would be quite amazing since we both have trouble traveling a few hours from home. And yes, I DO think African violets would grow in your lovely cooler of a house. Grandmother had them, although she probably had the temps a bit higher.

Shannon said...

This looks like a neat idea for a park. I think that as long as there are enough people using it it could be successful.