
Now George is a good friend. Half of the Margaret-George team. Love them both to death. But George hates blogs and it seems to me that he mentions this dislike/hatred quite often. So I'm sure he doesn't look at this blog and that's just fine. But it does make me feel odd to post his picture (well, a picture of my socks with him in the background) knowing how much he hates blogs. Would he be offended? Would he feel that I had invaded his privacy? And then these questions raise the related question of other friends and relatives who are put off by blogs. I worry about them. Should I shut down this operation because it's too intrusive? Too revealing? Too self-centered? Should I (can I?) block access to those who are unsettled by my blog? All rhetorical questions -- obviously -- because here I am blogging. As Anne (of The Complaint Department) says: that is all.
4 comments:
If someone doesn't like what you have to say, they don't have to read it. That's the beauty of the blog! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Love the socks, by the way, and the bee license plate in your friend's blog post. I'm in Virginia, but I want one of those!
Don't care if they say where a dying race
I'd rather be here than any other place
I'm intrigued . . . WHY does George feel so strongly about blogs? I think there are blogs, and then there are BLOGS. I like the ones I follow--reading them is like getting a little postcard in the mail almost every day! I enjoy knowing what my friends are up to, their thoughts, interests, challenges and victories. I like the accounts of the mundane events of every day life, and the occasional special treat.
You sort of have George by the you-know-whats. If he happens to see his picture on your blog, he won't be able to own up to it, since he's already "outed" himself as a blog-hater! If he persists, just tell him his comments are meaningless until he's blogged a mile in your shoes.
Intrusive? Revealing? Self-centered? I don't think so, except that now I know what a pair of George's socks look like (a fine pair of socks, I must say). Your worms and bees may feel that their privacy has been invaded, on the other hand.
Keep on blogging . . . (I'm seeing a logo involving a Mr. Natural-type and a laptop!)
Your blog means a lot to me and I haven't even met you
Post a Comment