Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My observant friend Stephanie handed me this little ad a few days ago. "Check out the website for Yaz birth control" she instructed me.





Stephanie and I worked together for a long time and during an excruciating 2-year period -- around 2000 to 2001 -- she listened to me complain constantly about The Choosing of the New Logo Adventure. We had a new Director and he wanted a New Look. I was, unfortunately, a cog in the wheel that had to work with the designers to come up with a New Look and then work with the Director who had very firm ideas about what kind of logo he wanted (ugly, apparently). So Steph knows I'm always interested in logo issues. Bottom picture shows the logo that resulted from The Choosing of the New Logo Adventure of 2001. Hideous then, hideous now. It's supposed to convey neurological research. But to most people it says "look at that guy's pointy little penis."

2 comments:

Michelle Clay said...

HAhahahahahaa! I'm not seeing a penis in the logo, but the similarity in the other logos is a hoot!

KB said...

Ha ... I never noticed his little penis before ... Dora the Dorky Dancer is the only thing that comes into my mind. I guess I'll have to change it to Dennis the dorky dancer (and teeny-weeny peeny)... too funny.