Sunday, April 19, 2009

The shrub that will not give up.


This little plant and its two sisters have survived about 15 years of being nibbled to the ground all winter long by the deer, only to try again the following spring. Three years ago or so I moved them closer to the house, thinking the deer might not find them tucked up under some larger shrubs. Well of course they found them. So last summer I moved what was left of them to the back yard, behind the deer fences and near the deck. They seem to be thriving, at least this one. The other two are less sprightly but I think maybe they've found a place to get big and sprawling. A testament to perseverance.

[must find name of plant: it's a euonymus according to gardening guru Susan]

1 comment:

Susan Harris said...

It's a euonymus of some kind.