Monday, April 20, 2009
Last night at about midnight there was something bad going down behind my house.
I know it's mating season so I hope this noise was just a moment when the earth was moving for some woodland creatures. But it sure didn't sound like someone was having a good time. This is just a tiny clip that I managed to record near the end, when it was all over. There was a LOT of this kind of squawking or snapping, and you can hear what sounds to me like birds cheeping behind the squawking noise. My guess: something was invading the nest of crows I've seen in a tall evergreen behind my house. Owl maybe? I've seen the red-shouldered hawks try to get into that nest but I'm not sure they would invade at night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes that cheeping definitely sounds like baby birds. Aww. Hope they're okay!
Post a Comment