Saturday, July 30, 2011

Silly but better.



Another royal wedding today. Beatrice decided against wearing her toilet seat hat again. I believe it was my sister who coined that phrase for Beatrice's April hat. So fitting. It's not just the shape of the April hat that brings to mind a toilet seat. It's the color too.

These hats are called fascinators and they are.

10 comments:

Tanya Murray said...

Better but I think the angle is too extreme for this lass. One would think that with every opportunity available, these girls would be able to get simple elegance right.

Margaret said...

It is better, but not by much. :)

Margo H said...

And I thought the pope wore funny hats...

Margo H said...

Uh oh, 2 different Margarets commenting on Pam's blog.

Kathy said...

The cat in the hat from your older post cracked me up. Hey-- email me your address. I have some honey for you.

cyradaria said...

I still love Timm Gunn's comment about Princess Anne dressing like coleslaw for the wedding.

And she really did.

Pam J. said...

Oh no! Two Margarets. With non-links back to their blogs.

Honey from Kathy! Can't wait. Will send address pronto. So very, very nice of you.

Princess Anne's coleslaw coming up next.

Kathy said...

She is so unfortunately horse-faced in the first photo. Don't mean to be unkind to our horse friends, but woof!

Kathy said...

Pam-- got the address. Here's my email (for all the world, right?)
kathy.allison@verizon.net

I have to be out of town for the next couple of days, but I'll get a package on the way to you by the end of the week.

Anne said...

Princess Beatrice's hat (from the April royal wedding) reminded me of an intra-uterine device I had for many years.

I read somewhere that it was the Queen's designer who dressed the two York princesses for this recent wedding, perhaps to prevent another hat disaster!