

Look at those poor hollow-stomached deer in my neighbor's front bedding area. They're chewing on the last little bits of her hostas, which I wish she'd just move out of there. And another pack of three was departing my front yard. Look at those adorable little fawns. Can I really hate them? No. I just wish they could find enough food in the HUGE park next door. From time to time, jurisdictions around the DC area ponder having controlled kills in the parks just to thin the herds. I think "they" do send out sharp-shooters from time to time but "they" don't publicize it.
PS: I really hate that little stone kitty staring at my house. I don't think my neighbor knows about this blog so I'm talking behind her back but she'll never know. She's a wonderful neighbor whose taste in gardening differs from mine significantly. I'll bet she hates the ratty-looking vegetable garden she sees when she looks out her window at my house.
3 comments:
You should secretly make a little outfit and hat for the cat, then deny all knowledge of it if she asks.
You're right. I should. Will I?
The food in your yard, and that of your neighbor's, is the McDonald's of their world, I guess.
We've seen fewer deer in our yard lately, since our next-door neighbors put up ELECTRIC fencing. One day, I saw a doe and two fawns trying to nibble at some plants, but when they touched the wire, they got a shock. I felt sorry for them, especially the fawns, who were completely rattled.
I love the deer and could care less about our hostas and other plants. But, then, I don't grow vegetables.
LaLaLaLaLaLa!!! I can't hear you about the sharpshooters.
And the little stone kitty? I can take care of that for you. You know, make it "disappear."
Post a Comment