Sunday, July 24, 2011

Many male actors of a certain age (40s) look exactly alike to me. Tell me that these two guys don't look like twins. (Added Mark Wahlberg per JGH.)






Maybe I've developed prosopagnosia? I never used to have this problem. Maybe it's just aging. I know these two guys have different names -- Brad Pitt and Matt Damon -- but without a label I can't tell you which is which.

Postscript: It's good to hoard old New Yorkers -- or almost-old New Yorkers. I found this Oliver Sacks article on face blindness. He has it! Now I'll re-read the article to see if I should worry.

5 comments:

Tanya Murray said...

Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one that had this problem...I can never tell them apart and there are others whose faces seem to blend for me. Heath Ledger and Guy Pearce are another two for me.

JGH said...

I thought both of these guys were Mark Wahlberg.

Margo H said...

I can tell the difference, but I can't remember any of their names reliably. What's that called? Oh, Alzheimer's.

bittenbyknittin said...

I have trouble distinguishing all those blond women in movies. And faces in general. But I can frequently recognize people I know from a distance because I recognize their "gestalt" - body type, the way they move, etc.

cyradaria said...

I think Hollywood tends to play it safe, too, resulting in sameness. Puffy lips and arched eyebrows seem 'in' now. Waifs are out.

Dark hair/puffy lips/arched brows: Mila Kunis = Teri Hatcher = Megan Fox.

Light hair/puffy lips/arched brows: Scarlett Johansson = Jessica Biel = Michelle Williams = Olivia Wilde = Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Sigh.