Sunday, July 17, 2011

My potatoes.



These made a nice medium bowl of great German potato salad. No mayo, just a little oil and vinegar and chives and salt and pepper. And maybe some mustard? I've had this post in draft for a week or so. I hesitated to post it because I knew I'd have to post a video of "My Sharona" at the same time. Whenever my brain says "my potatoes" an earworm makes my brain play the song "My Sharona." It was a hit in 1979 and maybe I listened to it on the car radio a lot. Not sure, but it's in my head and apparently it will be there till the end. (After all these years I still like it.)

And I just checked on the status of The Knack. Bit of a sad story. Lead singer Doug Fieger died of brain and lung cancer in 2010 at age 57. Cancer sucks. But he left behind this song and that's good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like My Sharonna too -- watched it. Maybe I'll put it on one of my "MOVE" CD's -- the ones I put on to exercise to. :)

Kathy said...

Great. Just great. Now I'm going to have that song in my head the rest of the day.

The potato salad sounds really good!

JGH said...

I had their album a long time ago! "Get the Knack"

Enjoy the potatoes! Have you ever tried sweet potatoes? There's a big article in Mother Earth News about growing them this month. I'm inspired - though it may be too late for this year.

Anne said...

Mmmmm. That Sharona--I mean potato--salad recipe sounds delish!

I'm in awe of your gardening abilities.