Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I like woolly thyme and it likes the exposure on this patio. But it grows OVER, not just between, the flagstones, Should I trim it back?




For now, I'm leaving it alone. But if I'm lucky enough to get thyme to grow between most of the stones, then maybe I will try trimming it back.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

I wouldn't trim it. I like it.

Pam J. said...

I like it too. I'm just not sure what I would do if the entire area was filled with stone-creeping thyme. Would I be able to walk on it without making it look ..distressed? This area gets a bit of human traffic (and chipmunk, squirrel, and groundhog traffic too).

The answer to my question above is that it's an irrelevant question because thyme grows very very slowly and I'm 64 and, well, you know. There's a certain freedom that comes with making small decisions like this knowing that someone else will have to deal with the long-term consequences.