You have interesting bugs. I only have some nice bumblebees and a hummingbird, but I never think to take pictures. (Well, aphids too, but they aren't really photogenic. And I tried to take pictures of the ants, but that was a miserable failure.)
In case a reader doesn't come back with an ID for your caterpillar, I couldn't tell one from another, here is a website that I just found:http://www.backyardnature.net/caterpil.htmHope this helps. And one question: The flower the caterpillar is on, is it russian sage, lavender, or other? Just wondering. Thanks!
i'm guessing its a Fall Armyworm. Those things get into my corn and just about everything else. They aren't picky at all. lol
Post a Comment
3 comments:
You have interesting bugs. I only have some nice bumblebees and a hummingbird, but I never think to take pictures. (Well, aphids too, but they aren't really photogenic. And I tried to take pictures of the ants, but that was a miserable failure.)
In case a reader doesn't come back with an ID for your caterpillar, I couldn't tell one from another, here is a website that I just found:
http://www.backyardnature.net/caterpil.htm
Hope this helps. And one question: The flower the caterpillar is on, is it russian sage, lavender, or other? Just wondering. Thanks!
i'm guessing its a Fall Armyworm. Those things get into my corn and just about everything else. They aren't picky at all. lol
Post a Comment