

The salvageable parts of these were good but not great. This year my garden offered up several volunteer tomatoes, including some bright yellow ones that may have been Lemon Boys from last year or yellow Kellogg's Breakfast from two years ago. Some year maybe I'll try not planting any new tomato seeds (or seedlings) in the spring just to see how many plants I end up with from volunteers.
3 comments:
I planted a Brandywine that isn't really pretty, but really tasted good. I had many volunteers from last year's little-yellow-cherry-but-really-plum-shaped plant that I dubbed "Golden Globes of Goodness." The volunteers have grown well, but did not produce like last year.
Ewwww, undead tomatoes!
Thank you Michelle. You summed it up perfectly.
And I like "Golden Globes of Goodness" -- but it reminds me of a Seinfeld episode. (Don't we have a lot of useless crap in our heads???)
Post a Comment