


Got lots of green tomatoes. Well, not a "lot" but some. I wonder if the blossom end rot I got this year and last is because I ignore all the rules about when to water a garden? I never water early in the day, as instructed. I always water in the late afternoon or evening. Bad gardener.
2 comments:
My hubbie says blossom end-rot is due do a calcium deficiency, but that any number of things can cause that deficiency.
The other assumed cause (besides calcium ) is *uneven* watering, possibly not caused by the time of day. People who supplement with calcium and water evenly still seem to end up with it, so its one of those things that seems to come from a number of causes, many that we don't have a lot of control over.
It still looks nice and juicy. I have only gotten a small tomato so far this year. I have an aboslute TON of them in green.
I eagerly await the deluge once they begin to ripen, finally! :o)
Post a Comment