They look huge! But they're not. They were chasing one of my honeybees. I think the honeybee was assigned to me. One often comes up on the deck when I'm out there. They know I'm the big bad being who disturbs their hive once a week.
Yes, Kitt, I confess. I do go in once a week. But I don't poke through every super. Of the 40 medium frames in my colony I looked at exactly three yesterday. Mostly I removed and refilled sugar water feeders. I've been told repeatedly that in the Mid-Atlantic area a new hive needs to be fed much of the summer, just to make it strong enough to get through the winter. We were in a dearth situation for weeks. Now, I think, the bees at least have some goldenrod and what's left of the clover. Do I sound like I know what I'm talking about?
If I search your blog will I learn how many supers you currently have? Or whether you still have bees in that tree branch? If not, please consider posting that info...
6 comments:
They DO look huge. And destructive!
They look like those fish you get that clean the inside of the tank. Algae eaters.
Do you really go in the hive once a week? I haven't been in mine since May. Need to do a harvest this week.
Yes, Kitt, I confess. I do go in once a week. But I don't poke through every super. Of the 40 medium frames in my colony I looked at exactly three yesterday. Mostly I removed and refilled sugar water feeders. I've been told repeatedly that in the Mid-Atlantic area a new hive needs to be fed much of the summer, just to make it strong enough to get through the winter. We were in a dearth situation for weeks. Now, I think, the bees at least have some goldenrod and what's left of the clover. Do I sound like I know what I'm talking about?
If I search your blog will I learn how many supers you currently have? Or whether you still have bees in that tree branch? If not, please consider posting that info...
Ahahahahahahaha! I had kittens once who used to do that. :)
Were they bitten by spiders recently?
Sick! (That's a compliment.)
Post a Comment