There's a very shallow learning curve for quilting. Can you thread a needle? If so, you can quilt. Cut fabric into pieces. Sew back together with needle and thread. Make a sandwich of the pieced top, a layer of batting, and a big piece of fabric for the back. Sew those three layers together, or tie them together. It's really just that simple. Don't be intimidated. Uh oh. I just thought of a new blog I could create. Mylovelyquilts.
3 comments:
Where did you learn how to hand-sew quilts? That's something I've always wanted to learn how to do. Love the idea of using old blue jeans.
There's a very shallow learning curve for quilting. Can you thread a needle? If so, you can quilt. Cut fabric into pieces. Sew back together with needle and thread. Make a sandwich of the pieced top, a layer of batting, and a big piece of fabric for the back. Sew those three layers together, or tie them together. It's really just that simple. Don't be intimidated. Uh oh. I just thought of a new blog I could create. Mylovelyquilts.
I'm so loving the Mylovelyquilts blog idea. And you know I have to make one of these jeans quilts now. sigh
Post a Comment