
I'm pretty sure this rug wasn't used much before I inherited it a few years ago, but it gets plenty of foot traffic now and seems like a brand-new rug. Made by Navahoes who probably only thought in terms of "made-to-last." Maybe we're returning to that kind of society---slowly but surely. Such a problem: made-to-throw-away made us "rich." What happens to all those people who will lose their jobs if we return to made-to-last?
Origins of the Tchotchke Challenge.
1 comment:
This is gorgeous! and must have taken a long time to make. I do have to wonder how much it's worth. When I visited Las Vegas New Mexico last year, we saw a weaving center that made rugs the old way. They were very expensive, but with this kind of durability it might be worth it.
I decided I'm going to do a giant tchotcke post for the rest of the alphabet. Having trouble with a few letters, though.
Post a Comment