
My friend Shannon and I made matching quilts for our friend Natalie who will have twins any day now. Good luck Natalie (and Adam and Sarah too)! (Clarification: Shannon and I each made twelve 12" blocks using the same pattern but different fabrics from our fabric stashes. Then we exchanged blocks: six of hers went with six of mine. So each quilt is half pieced by each of us. We each quilted one quilt, using different patterns.)
2 comments:
Very pretty - love the bright colors. And what a great idea to split the task for the twins! Thanks for the encouragement to quilt. I don't have a sewing machine - I suppose hand sewing is not an option or too time consuming?
In my opinion, hand-quilting is the ONLY option. I hate machine sewing and haven't done it for years. Cross my heart and hope to die: if you invest 20 minutes a day you'll be surprised...and of course, the trick is that you get hooked and soon you're doing 30 mins, 40 mins, quilting in the car, on planes, at soccer games. Just like any addiction. If you want to use kids' clothes do this: pick out the fabrics that are mostly cotton, make a 4" square out of some cardboard, and start cutting out lots of squares. That's step one and if you start today you'll have a big pile of squares in a few days.
Post a Comment