Sunday, March 1, 2009

Newspapers may be dying but magazines seem to be doing OK.


Kitt in Denver posted about a magazine called Cowboys and Indians. It reminded me of this magazine.

4 comments:

Kitt said...

OMG. How long has that one been around?

And people buy them?

Pam J. said...

G&G has been around for a couple of years. The name comes from a 1970s disco bar in Charleston, SC. It's an odd magazine: great photography and layout, lots of articles by and about southern writers, food articles. Very few articles on gardens or guns. I learned about it over on Garden Rant (http://www.gardenrant.com/my_weblog/2007/03/garden_and_gun_.html)
and got the first copy free. A yr's subscription is only $10... not sure how they do it and I assume they won't do it for long.

Anonymous said...

I just saw G & G in my dentist's office recently. It was the first time I ever saw it, and at first I thought it was some sort of joke. I read an article about how important it is for a man to get along with his girlfriend's dog.

Kitt said...

Pam, that would seem to limit them to the Charleston area only, as the rest of us wouldn't get the joke! The contents look attractive, but the name is a little crazy.

Anne, that's actually VERY TRUE. Love me, love my dog.