Wednesday, July 28, 2010

On the street(s) where I live. Nasty storm blew through on Sunday. 90 mph winds. Lucky we only lost the blue spruce. Still standing but just barely.


All of the pictures below are from other yards. The ventilated spruce above is still standing in our side yard but it will have to come down. I have mixed feelings. I always hate to lose a big tree but it will open up a nice garden area. And my herb garden will get a LOT more sun now. It was one scary storm. Lasted about 15 minutes but wow what a punch. Some people in the DC area are still w/o power.





3 comments:

Michelle Clay said...

Holy sh1t! I'm sorry about your tree, but glad you didn't end up with damage to your house or car.

JGH said...

Oh no - that looks pretty bad. At least the herbs made the best of it! Glad nobody was hurt

Peggy said...

What a storm!