Thursday, July 15, 2010

The house on Cedar Lane, Bethesda.





The gardener is a retired surgical room nurse. I love her garden and try to remember to take pictures every summer. Left unchecked I may end up doing the same thing to my garden. There seems to be very little actual lawn, no plan, no order, and no desire to have a theme. Her house is next door to NIH, in particular the employee pickup area where I scoop up old work friends for lunch every so often (the friends aren't old... but I, well, I guess I am). Right across the street from the chaotic garden is a very simple, very tailored front yard with this statue smack in the middle. (I took a bad picture; next time I'm over that way I'll take a better one.) I imagine the owner of the statue looking out at the chaotic garden and thinking "what a mess!" And of course the owner of the chaotic garden doing the same but thinking "hideous! what IS that thing?"

2 comments:

cyradaria said...

I've seen her out there sometimes and love her place. It has a certain cool factor.

lawn maintenance Phoenix said...

This house has a very beautiful garden. Even if looks like it needs a bit of maintenance, it sure makes the house feel inviting.