Sunday, June 7, 2009

Jugs, jams, and jellies. My J entry in the alive-and-well Tchotchke Challenge.


These dusty jugs and jars will last a long, long time, but how long will these dusty jams and jellies last? All of the jams were gifts, some are home-made. I feel so guilty for not eating them. But the only way to eat jam is on a piece of bread slathered with butter. That's a lot of calories to eat jam. (Isn't "slather" a great word?)
The "I" letter report is now in from the Chesapeake Bay front and it's a good one. I love her sense of humor; it's slightly askew. (Another great word..."askew.")

2 comments:

JGH said...

I have a great and easy recipe for oatmeal bars that uses jam. Of course there's lots of butter in it too. I'll dig it up for you.

susan harris said...

Try slathering that jam on a slice of really good bread without butter - it's still great and if you're like me you'll feel SO VIRTUOUS. S