Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Can this poor azalea be saved? It belongs to a friend and I was asked to help.


This is one of those azaleas sold as an indoor plant, or maybe a "patio" plant. I'll give it TLC but I don't have much hope. I DO have some hope for our health care system, however. All it would take is for everyone in the country to read this article and then all the policy-makers should act upon the obvious (to me) solutions spelled out in the article. I may be able to sum it up in one sentence: Our health care system is f'd up because too many doctors have become businesspeople and are no longer physicians (defined as "people skilled in the art of healing"). Combining the desire to make big bucks with the availability of expensive imaging tests was too much for the system to bear. We don't need to socialize medicine but maybe we should draft all new physicians, pay off their medical school bills, make them federal employees on a fixed salary with a decent retirement package, and tell them to practice medicine and forget about becoming multimillionaires.

2 comments:

Marie said...

LOl! I'm sorry, you were called in very late on this case! How is the azalea doing now???

cyradaria said...

No.