
Someone I worked with in 1989 lived here. Can't remember her name.... Sylvia? Loretta? House is for sale. I wonder if Sylvia/Loretta is, you know, gone.
I've always liked these houses. I used to park near them when I waited for the kids after middle school. This house looks across the street at the school. Just a few blocks from the arbor house in the previous post. It's also Lewis Black's old neighborhood. Funny guy. (He lived in the smallish red brick houses, not in the huge grape arbor houses or the Goodman houses.)
From Wikipedia:
Charles M. Goodman (1906, USA – 1992, USA) was an architect who made a name for his modern designs in suburban Washington, D.C. after World War II. While his work has a regional feel, he ignored the colonial revival look so popular in Virginia. Goodman was quoted in the 1968 survey book Architecture in Virginia as saying that he aimed to "get away from straight historical reproduction."
.....
His 1949-51, development at Silver Spring, Maryland, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2004, as the Hammond Wood Historic District. ....
From Wikipedia (Charles M. Goodman)
4 comments:
That's pretty nice looking. If you're going to go modern, it's fun to play with a different garden aesthetic, too.
Is that a carport on the left?
Love studying different homes. Something intriguing about it, the styles, the stories.
Pam - Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and giving me such great advice. I always have to eat before I go to bed or I wake up during the night just ravenous. I usually try to eat a good snack at night, too, usually an apple and crackers and cheese or something similiar. :-)
I love looking at houses...wish I had more time to look at them when I drive by, but I'm usually too busy trying to get from one spot to the next!
That's a garage on the left Kitt. My picture shows the entire width of the house. I've been in one of these homes and while I find them intersting, they're a little odd: lots of levels, stairways, and smallish rooms.
Post a Comment