Yes indeed! At least three and probably more. They are so much fun to watch. If I visit the pond late at night when they're most active they can hear me coming and one will swim up close to me and then dive under while smacking his, or her, huge tail on the pond surface to scare me off. It DOES make a very loud noise and I can see how it would scare off any potential predators. Although I don't think they actually have any natural predators (other than humans of course). And this human is trying her best to make sure the park staff doesn't try to evict them.
2 comments:
Looks pretty cozy! Any beavers in there??
Yes indeed! At least three and probably more. They are so much fun to watch. If I visit the pond late at night when they're most active they can hear me coming and one will swim up close to me and then dive under while smacking his, or her, huge tail on the pond surface to scare me off. It DOES make a very loud noise and I can see how it would scare off any potential predators. Although I don't think they actually have any natural predators (other than humans of course). And this human is trying her best to make sure the park staff doesn't try to evict them.
Post a Comment