
I gave up soft drinks and my beloved diet Cranberry-Raspberry Snapple about a month ago. (Playing a money game in my head: I need to save $200 because of a purchase I shouldn't have made...but that's a long, even more boring story.) I'm drinking iced tea and home-made lemonade instead. But I still sweeten my drinks, and I use the pink stuff (saccharin). Saccharin is the one that doesn't cause cancer, in contrast to the blue stuff (Aspartame) that doesn't cause neurological problems. Is the yellow stuff Splenda? I wonder what that doesn't cause. I wonder if I could switch to sugar and get off all The Stuff? But oh no. What about the sugar cane industry?
7 comments:
AND what was that unthinkable purchase?
Short version: I bought a backup camera.
Long version: I bought my first camera in the summer of 07, I did no, as in zero, research before my purchase. Just walked into a Ritz camera, asked for the cheapest digital, and said I'll take it. It broke in Dec 07 but I had, uncharacteristically, bought the protection plan so Ritz had to fix it. It took almost 2 wks to get the camera back. 7 months later it broke again, and this time I feared that it broke b/c I was not handling it very carefully. But by then I was fully addicted to having a camera. So in yet another totally impulsive move, I stopped again at a Ritz, on my way home from the grocery store, and said "I'll take another cheap Canon digital camera please." So now I have 2 cheap Canons, one of which doesn't work. So I took it apart, yes, I removed all those teeny tiny screws, jiggled the camera around a bit, put the teeny tiny screws back in, and viola! the camera started working. Sort of. Can't do close-ups but it does take OK pictures. So the guilt of (a) buying 2 cameras w/o doing any research, or asking anyone for advice (and god knows I know people who have plenty of advice to offer), and (b) breaking one of those cameras through mishandling made me decided to "earn" back the $200 it cost for the second camera. We're all neurotic and eccentric in our own way.
Note type in next to last line: should have been "decide" not "decided."
Note typo in comment above. Should have been "typo" not "type."
You r sooo qute, explaining your typo. Very well done about earning back your 200 bucks.
Do you guys recycle where you live?
that is a good way to make money fast.
There's lots of county-run recycling where I live: curb-side service, take-anything (almost) policy. But the idea of recycling for money is certainly appealing. What kinds of things were you thinking of Ladybug?
The yellow stuff is Spenda and was described to me as "sugar with the calorie molecule removed."
Post a Comment