Friday, November 28, 2008

Eagle pose in yoga.


I was able to do this for about 2 seconds today. I love my yoga class.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

I'd like to hear more about the yoga class, the philosophy, what you do, etc. Sounds intriguing.

Pam J. said...

I've now taken four classes so I guess that makes me slightly qualified to answer your questions. If there's a philosphy I've not heard it. Class is tiny: an instructor (Melissa, not Laura), and two , three, or four students. We spend an hour stretching. Basically, that's it. Stretching standing up, stretching sitting down, stretching lying down. The goal is strengthening muscles and improving flexibility and balance. I know there's so much more to yoga than this. But for now, this is what I have to report. Oh yeah. It feels wonderful. Clears out the head. I highly recommend it!

Joanne said...

It sounds like it feels good. Almost like a peaceful exercise, physical meditation. I like the idea of strengthening in that way.