Saturday, June 13, 2009

Birth announcement! Just one fawn this year. Bambi is 3 days old tops. Maybe just 2. Mom had twins last year.



2 comments:

JGH said...

Awwww... how cool that you get to observe all this so closely. How close do they let you get?

Pam J. said...

Last year this doe's twins let me get within 15 feet or so and they showed no fear, approaching me at one point and sort of softly barking. This is just my second year observing this family group so closely (I'm home virtually all the time) so I don't know what to expect with a singleton. Since mom let me get so close to her during the last few days before the delivery maybe she'll tell the fawn that I'm harmless. I have no illusions however: I'll be cursing this darling fawn if/when she manages to squeeze through my fencing so she can eat my hostas.