Thursday, June 13, 2013

"IN MY HOME!.... Where my children come and play with their toys. In my home!"*

Overly dramatic of course but this quote sprang to mind this afternoon when a tornado swept just north of us. It didn't cause any injuries or even much damage that I've heard about, except for this car in the parking lot of a nearby Greek restaurant. We've parked in this lot many times. By tornado standards this was mild I know, but when it comes so close to your house it feels big.

Al Pacino in The Godfather.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

As someone who never has to worry about tornadoes, the thought of them strikes terror into my heart. If one came within hundreds of miles of me, I would be panicked. Let's not discuss earthquakes, shall we?

bittenbyknittin said...

We had a close call with a tornado the other night - thankfully, it did not touch down. Scary! The hail did not materialize, either, so I am happy with the 2.75" of rain that fell.

Susan Harris said...

Jesus, I think that was one of YOUR cars. And you needed to be on your way to Paris! The weather should be perfect - see ya soon!

Peggy said...

I am glad you are alright.

cyradaria said...

Paula C. got caught in it, the one in Rockville and called here in hysterics. She thought she was going to die and ran into a Giant because WTOP blasted, "Get out of your car, get out of your car," which left people running in the storm. Unbelievable moment. Very fast.