Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"I tend to hold back my opinion on things that I know nothing of."

This remark came to me during a casual email exchange with someone about 40 years my junior but way, way wiser than I. It's a good principle to follow in life, even for someone of my advanced age. Never too late to learn.

[Photo: Father of the bride the evening before the wedding. Totally unrelated to the above quotation.]

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Very wise words! I tend to feel that way unless I'm emotionally engaged and then sometimes I'm a bit too free with my opinion. ;)

Shannon said...


Esteemed Pamela-J: you are my wise internet-friend.

I have embarrassed myself too many times. And notice the use of the word tend. It implies that I am not perfect at following this credo.

Oh and we have a girl-crush on each other. I saved your quote, too. Tee-hee :)