Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Someone is spending unauthorized time in my car.



Twice in the last month I've encountered this scene on the floor in the back of my car. The Kleenex box is battered mostly because I toss it around from time to time, and load heavy bags of groceries on top of it. But this kind of tissue-destruction can, I believe, only come from the chewing of a small rodent. At least that's my theory. Confusing me is how a rodent gets into my car (a 2-year-old Honda). I noticed the scene above on a Monday morning, after the car sat undriven for 2 days. Anyone else have any ideas about what's making my tissues disintegrate? Are you impressed with the minutia of my thoughts? I DO spend time thinking about larger issues: life and death, good and evil, that kind of thing. But I also spend an inordinate amount of time musing about truly trivial things. So sue me.

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Can they get in from the underneath after going up the muffler or something? Really no idea...but EWWWW!!

Kitt said...

Certainly looks like mousework. Check for droppings, too. There are many ways for them to get into a car.

I suggest deploying a mousetrap.

kayak woman said...

I was wondering about whether there were droppings too. Mice get into my house periodically but I've yet to find them in my car.

Peggy said...

You could put your kitties in the car and let them investigate

cyradaria said...

Rat?

Pam J. said...

Rat? Sure, it's possible. But I choose to think it's a mousie. Yesterday I saw what I think were tiny droppings. I have an old-fashioned mouse-trap. You know the kind: snap! off with the head, instant death. I hate to do it but what's my alternative? I could get one of those Havaheart traps and release the beast, but he'll just come back.

Junior Perrera said...

Hmm, your theory could be right. The only thing that can really be suspicious about is how the rodent enters your car. You can probably install a camera inside to know what’s really happening. It’s quite disturbing to see something like this whenever you enter your car. It’ll add some maintenance effort every day, too. Tsk. I hope this gets resolved soon.