Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A trip to the National Gallery of Art. 18th Century artist Itō Jakuchū. 30 scrolls in a collection called Colorful Realm of Living Beings.















My blogging buddy Anne got me out of Silver Spring and into DC to see this wonderful exhibit. Last picture shows wisteria growing along a wall on the mall entrance to the Gallery. And I managed to take one interior shot before a guard politely told me to cease and desist. A beautiful exhibit and a lovely lunch!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Gorgeous, Pam! I love the you managed to get off before they told you to stop. And I'm so glad you posted images of some of the scrolls--how did you do it? I'm presuming they're your favorites, since you included the ones featuring snow.

I just got my post up, and it's interesting to see the similarities and differences.

I had a great time, as usual, and have decided to make monthly trips to DC to do the tourist thing!

Don't forget to send details about the Takoma Park House and Garden event.

Anne said...

Meant to say "I love the pic . . . "

Pam J. said...

I snagged the pictures through Google images, probably breaking several copyright laws.

Kathy said...

Beautiful! I miss the National Gallery of Art more than anything else in DC ... this post has made me more than a little homesick.