Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ask me if I love this chair. It was tucked into a corner of the Inn we visited last week. Possible (probable?) site for The Daughter's wedding next year. [but see Update below]




The chair was made using old books. Or at least books. Becca and Sean on the porch checking things out.

Update 4/30/12: I should have known it wasn't an original. On this site I found an identical chair, with the same books in the same order. [You have to scroll way down the page to find the chair -- or use the "find" function and search for the word "chair.] Now I guess it could be the exact same chair, but I'm suspicious. I envision a Chinese factory pumping out these things. (And I also, unfortunately, envision a suicide net around the factory. If you don't know what I mean, just google "suicide nets and Chinese factories.")




4 comments:

kayak woman said...

I love those book chairs. They remind me of some chairs I've seen recently that were made out of old skis. Love that you have a daughter getting married. I wonder when mine will get around to that. Sigh... :-)

bittenbyknittin said...

I don't know about you, but *I* love it!

cyradaria said...

I love it, the book chair. Wonder if one could be made by hand?

Pam J. said...

Could one be made my hand? I'm going to find out and will report the results here, although it will be in the far future, where all my fantasy projects exist. (But I should get moving b/c my future is getting quite small.)