I don't yet know the details of what they ate (if anything), what was poisonous (if any were), and how much more they've harvested since this picture was taken a week or so ago (if any have). Sister Kathy said she felt a mushroom obsession coming on, and she rarely fails to follow an obsession.
4 comments:
Wow--I don't recognize most of those(make for a cool photo though); I would be terrified to eat them!
No, didn't eat any of these ... I'm not THAT brave or smart. I discovered so many mushrooms in our yard during this very wet late summer/early fall, that I became intrigued by what must be in the nearby forest ... these lovely specimens were the result of a very brief foray. We didn't identify most of them, but I don't care ... they are just so very beautiful. We're going back now to see what's new this week. I need more books!
I don't know--maybe it's the wooden picnic table, but at first glance, I thought those 'shrooms were seashells.
Do I see someone looking them up in a book, off to the side?
Kathy: Let me know what books you have and I'll find some others for you. I decided today, while at my beloved volunteer library gig, that I want to spend the rest of my life handling books: at the library, at used book stores, in my own house, in other people's homes, in dumpsters ... well, maybe not in dumpsters, but you get my drift. When "they" cremate me, please toss in a bunch of paperbacks so I can go out in a flame of books.
Anne: they DO look a bit like shells. Since you live on the edge of the Chesapeake Bay, I suspect a lot of things look like shells to you.
That hand in the upper right probably belongs to Bernie, husband of Kathy, and the calmest, sanest, most consistently pleasant person in our family. And a great cook to boot.
Post a Comment