
Katia will miss our coast, thanks to Tropical Depression Lee, who is dumping many inches of water on us now. But here comes Ma-REE-ah! And by the way, what ever happened to Richard Beymer who sang Maria in West Side Story? These days you can't ask those questions because of Wikipedia, the best website ever. Richard Beymer performed in a few other movies, and most notably (to me) had a role in Twin Peaks -- I loved Twin Peaks, bring back Twin Peaks! bring back Twin Peaks! -- and he even wrote a book called Impostor: Or Whatever Happened to Richard Beymer?
So there you go: that's what happened to the guy singing Ma-REE-ah! Oh, and he wasn't even singing. That was someone named Jimmy Bryant. And if you're interested in what happened to him you'll have to check Wikipedia yourself.
1 comment:
I liked Twin Peaks, too, until it became, well, just bizarre!
Another quirky show I really enjoyed was Northern Exposure, which I'd love to see, again.
Dodged a bullet with Katia, didn't we. Hope the same will be true for Maria. Gee, what do we have left for hurricane season? Two months, or three? Maybe we'll reach the end of the alphabet this year.
Post a Comment