Friday, September 30, 2011

My sister told me to stop fretting about global heating (yes, heating) and go find mushrooms. So I did.







5 comments:

Margaret said...

Those are awesome looking mushrooms! Are any of them edible?

Tanya Murray said...

Great finds and pics

Kathy said...

Did you hear about the (at least) two separate instances of dummies picking mushrooms from their own backyards and eating them? Turns ones liver to mush, apparently. And it was the holistic medicine that worked!

Pam J. said...

No, I hadn't heard about the local poisonings but I have now. It's here for anyone who's interested:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Two-More-Mushroom-Poisonings-Reported-130580048.html

I guess the answer to Margaret's question -- "are any of them edible?" -- is don't count on it. I DO eat some local mushrooms -- the morels that pop up in the woods around here in April. I know of a secret location about 5 miles from my house where you can find them. Well, YOU can't find them, but I can... and so can the other members of my immediate family but we won't tell.

the other Kathy said...

So glad you found some - they are beautiful, aren't they? But don't eat any of them ... wait for the morels!