Monday, April 11, 2011

Yesterday we saw this bunny in the back yard and assumed the worst-- bunny injured, had a stroke, maybe dying. Later I read a much nicer explanation.





Information from here, a book called "Rabbit Language or Are you going to eat that?" by Carolyn R. Crampton.


BEHAVIOR: Bunny lying completely stretched out. Ears back flat against body. Eyes partly closed.
WHAT IT MEANS: Supreme happiness.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO: Leave your bunny alone but prepare snacks for when bunny wakes.

2 comments:

JGH said...

What a relief! Did you feed him a chocolate bunny when he woke up?

Kathy said...

Too funny! I saw two bunnies on my walk in the dark this morning. I suppose they were doing what bunnies do, especially in the spring. They weren't too concerned about me or the dog. She's not much of a threat any more, and it's as if they know it. Very cute!