Friday, April 8, 2011

In downtown Silver Spring.






I was driving north on Georgia Avenue -- in an especially unpretentious part of a very unpretentious city -- near the intersection of Georgia Ave and Bonifant St, when on the left my eye caught a small sign in a window: Meditation Museum. I drove back to look at the sign and then just a few yards away I came to this beautiful red building. I wish I had taken closer pictures of the hand-painted quotations on the wooden plaques, but the big curved doorway sign is carved -- or painted or both -- with a quotation from Mother Teresa: "If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." The building houses something called the Pyramid Atlantic Art Center, and I think I'll go back sometime and explore both the museum and the art center.

1 comment:

JGH said...

Very intriguing. It looks like there are also some portraits painted on the front of the building....?