Friday, April 1, 2011

Excellent news!


Whew!
“Mad Men” lives! And it’s going to keep on living for at least two more seasons and possibly three under a new multi-year deal announced Thursday night by AMC and parent company Lionsgate along with Matthew Weiner, the show’s creator and executive producer.

I don't drink alcohol and I don't smoke cigarettes but I used to do both, so I've really missed Mad Men over the past, what ... year? Less than a year? More than a year?

I've been living vicariously through all that smoke and booze, without the liver and lung damage.

What's he drinking? Is that a whiskey sour? And that cig looks unfiltered too. Hard core! Although I know the actors are only smoking clove cigarettes (or so they say), I've never heard what they put in those glasses.

3 comments:

Kitt said...

Looks like an Old Fashioned, my tipple of choice lately. Whiskey, simple syrup and bitters, with muddled orange and cherries.

P.S. The Sergeant is the one in the back.

JGH said...

Does a Manhattan have a "flag" or just a cherry??

I'm so relieved to hear they worked it out. When do you think the new season will air? (and what are you watching in the meantime?)

Pam J. said...

Kitt: "tipple of choice" -- nice turn of phrase. This seems so junior high school but I must say it. Sarge is a cutey.

Jen: The next Mad Men season won't air until 2012. What do I watch in the meantime? An embarrassment of reruns and comedy: The Office, Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and a little bit of MSNBC "news" (Rachel, Chris, Lawrence, NEVER Ed). And old movies. And a half hour of Letterman every night to bridge the gap between Colbert and Curb Your E. And my husband notes that I don't "watch" anything because I'm either knitting or quilting while the TV is on, so mostly I listen to TV. My quality of life is not diminished by not "watching."