
These healthy plants are growing in a friend's family room. They get southern exposure but no other special treatment. They grew outdoors in those pots all summer, but before the first frost my friend just picked up the pots and plopped them down near a sunny window. Now she has fresh basil all winter. Note: she doesn't have kitties or doggies, which might be a key to such success. I know my kitties would make a nice meal of that entire crop. And I'm not giving up kitties for basil.
3 comments:
This really makes me wish I had brought in my basil and rosemary. I let it die in the fall :( I could really use it in cooking right now.
I think I am getting tired of the same old houseplants
This looks beautiful. I've tried to overwinter some herbs, but they never make it. I don't have much sun. Baseboard heat doesn't help, either.
Post a Comment