Saturday, January 22, 2011

I bought this very neat seltzer water maker (SodaStream) to help me with Resolution No. 5. It will pay for itself by April.


Status report on Resolutions:
1. Don't eat after midnight. (a tiny bit of success, but not really enough to count)
2. Walk each day. (got off to a great start....)
3. Eat only fruit or yogurt before dinner. (some success at this)
4. Read each New Yorker as it arrives and never skip an issue. (100% success so far!)
5. Don't bring soft drinks into the house. (90% success!)
6. Read only one novel at a time and one non-fiction book at a time. (some progress; I have high hopes about this one)
7. It's OK to start knitting a new pair of socks but it's not OK to start any new scarfs or quilts. (100% success so far)
8. Try to finish most of the 20+ scarfs I've started. (nothing to report yet, but hey it's only Jan 22)
9. Finish at least two of the 20+ quilts I've started. (see above--too soon to tell)
10. Be better about replying more promptly to emails and acknowledging birthdays and gifts. (tiny bit of success)
12. Post something every day on this blog. (total failure so far)

3 comments:

JGH said...

I got a Sodastream from the kids this year too! So far they use it more than I do. One thing I've noticed is that after I carbonate, the dang thing overflows with bubbles when I add the syrup. Does that happen to you? I must be doing something wrong.

LOL about the scarves and quilts.

Pam J. said...

So far I've only added syrup a drop at a time to a full glass, and no it doesn't bubble over. Do your kids laugh every time the machine farts? I guess I could have said "burps" but I have a son and "fart" is a word that always makes him laugh -- even at 28. Pathetic. (Now that I think of it, my husband laughs at the word too. What's with guys anyway?)

icebear said...

i was looking at those a few weeks ago, you'll have to keep me informed of how well they last and work. i drink a lot of seltzer water with a little lemon and i like the idea of not having the 2 liter bottles lying around. i doubt i'll use it for soda, just sparkling water will be worth it for me!