Friday, June 11, 2010

Does this look like arugula to anyone?


I didn't plant it -- at least not this year -- but it's in my garden anyway. Has a slightly bitter taste.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like horseradish to me ... which I have found out is really invasive. Dig up a root and take a bite :) l,k

Pam J. said...

Oh I hope so! If it is, this might be the wrong time of year to harvest it, at least according to this website: http://www.horseradishplants.com/cgi-bin/store/processing.html

But I'll dig up a little of the root and test it out anyway. And in the fall/winter I can do some real harvesting.

Also, I learned that July is National Horseradish Month so get your party hats ready.

And thanks little sis!

JGH said...

I think it does look like one of the two kinds of arugula - the one with the bigger leaves. The other kind has skinnier leaves with lots of lobes.

Anonymous said...

I have volunteer arugula (I think) that looks just like that. I haven't eaten it yet though...not sure if it's a weed.