Thursday, June 17, 2010

WTF?


I really don't know how to process this. The world's five big oil companies each had to submit a report to the Federal Government on how they would deal with an oil spill. So each company did as requested and submitted a report. Nearly identical reports. They all hired The Response Group of Houston, TX, to write the report. Don't you think these big powerful rich oil companies might have wanted their reports to at least look like they didn't collude??? I mean really. I'm trying my best to ignore the Gulf oil spill story but since I earned my living for many years publishing Big Fat Reports That No One Will Read I know a tiny bit about how such things are done. Didn't these companies even want to pretend that they worked independently? It may not be collusion but it sure seems fishy. Unlike the poor Gulf.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

I agree with you all the way.

JGH said...

That is just too infuriating for words.