Monday, November 2, 2009

Bread advice sought. I mixed up a batch of bread dough, Thurs night? Fri night? and forgot it. Found it Sun night and baked it. Tastes fine, but...


....can bread dough go bad? With only flour, salt, yeast, and water as the ingredients in this famous Sullivan Street bakery recipe, it seems unlikely that the bread is tainted. Any opinions out there among bread makers?

3 comments:

Sarah V said...

That's sourdough! Well, sourdough wouldn't have yeast in it, but yeah, with only flour, salt, and yeast I think it's fine. I make sourdough that sits around for 2 days or so before I bake it.

Pam J. said...

But of course! Sourdough. I should have known that. ThankyouSV. So let's say, hypothetically of course, that if someone ate two slices of bread and then had stomach rumblings later that night, I shouldn't feel guilty about my bread being the culprit, right?

Sarah V said...

Ha! No, I don't think so. Only if the whole house got food poisoning or something, lol.