
Last night: Best concert of the Bruce dates I’ve seen to date. A real mix – mostly Born to Run, with some Irish foot stomping music, a smattering of the Rising, plus a lilting encore of Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher with back-up singers moved to the front as soloists. Very high energy. Everyone at their performance peak. Greatly improved sound system – really rock and roll – and a greatly improved stage. Not the simple stage but there were several wings and a mid-audience mini stage where he came out for a bit and moshed it back to stage rapidamente. Very warm, personal performance. Performed Lenny Sullivan’s favorite song -- -- Cowboy Pete – up-tempo. He also did No Surrender which isn’t often performed.
[review used w/ permission; photo used without permission but I got it from some sleazy celebrity website so I'm not too concerned--is that wrong?]
1 comment:
Also - GREAT merchandise. I ordered fr B'streets instead of at Verizon Center. My Fender Esquire/Bruce shirt arrived tonight.
Post a Comment